Primary Viva Weekend – CANCELLED: Please see ‘More Details’ for Notice
|Number of Places:
||16th - 18th October 2020|
|Location:||Education & Training Centre, Whiston Hospital, Liverpool|
|Time:||14.00 Friday – 16.00 Sunday
|Courtesies Included:||Breakfast – Lunch – Refreshments – Car Parking
|Cheque Payable to:||MSA
|Reference on Application:||P Viva W/E 1020
MSA Covid-19 Update – July 2020
The advice to Trainees is that they should attend this Course only when they consider themselves
Adequately Prepared for the imminent OSCE/SOE Examination.
The MSA Courses are not designed to Teach.
Please do not come expecting to be Taught.
Come expecting to Learn.
The Courses are for Exam Preparation;
– Exposure to Exam Style Questions
– Opportunities to Practice
– Learn & Fine Tune Exam Techniques
The MSA’s emphatic advice regarding
All the FRCA Examinations
is that trainees should only sit these examinations when they feel that they
Deserve to Pass.
It has to be courting Disappointment to enter for an exam
Hoping to Pass.
Applicants will be given Preparatory Homework for this Course which they must complete prior to attending.
You must have the Leave to attend the Whole of this Course (14.00 Friday –> 16.30 Sunday).
We can not accommodate late arrivals, so please book your travel accordingly
You will not be allowed to come/go from the Course at your own leisure.
If you have far to travel on the Sunday, we advise you booking an extra night at your hotel to avoid fatigue.
Masterclass in Viva Technique & RCA Marking Mechanisms
Insights & Appreciation into being an Examiner
- 30 Minutes Vivas in Pharmacology & Physiology
- 30 Minute Vivas in Clinical & Physics/Measurement/Equipment
- Revision & Review – Physiology Viva Booklets
- Revision & Review – Pharmacology Viva Booklets
- Revision & Review – PME Viva Booklets
- Revision & Review – Clinical Viva Booklets
- Large Laminated Display of Primary Viva Fodder
- Long Hours & Hard Work But Enjoyable & Beneficial
Note: This course is NOT a course in Viva Revision.
It is a course to prepare candidates for the Viva Experience and for improving Viva Technique and Presentation.
STAFF & FACULTY:
Course Consultant Leads & Associate MSA Directors: Dr Tushar Dixit & Dr Catherine Gerrard
Head of Faculty: Dr Luke Winslow
Chief Operational Officer: Kirstie Gray
Administrator: Nicky Loftus
APPLICATIONS NOT YET OPEN